Our very own staff got to interview JYP Entertainment's newest and hottest rookie boy band DAY6! Check out the interview !
DAY6 Excited to Meet Their U.S. Fans
Interview by: June Saladino
1. Although DAY6 is a rookie group, the buzz in the US seems to be full of excitement. Many fans are anxiously waiting to meet you. Can you share with us what you are most excited about seeing or doing while you are in the US?
Young K: Since this is the first show in the US, I can’t imagine the culture of American audiences. But the liberal culture here makes me excited. I am looking forward to singing and dancing together with no border.
Wonpil: I am eager to feel the US culture, and meet the fans here as soon as possible.
Jae: Really?? Wow didn't know people knew who we were at all back home. BOILING CRAB. Please and Chipotle
Sungjin: Maybe our different style may be surprising. I am nervous but excited about their reactions.
Dowoon: I’m looking forward to seeing responses from the audiences in the States given its widespread culture of performances. I hope everyone to enjoy the show.
2. Other than Jae, have any of you had the opportunity to be in the US before? If so, how did you find it different from Korea, was there much of a culture shock for you?
Young K: I’ve been in New York for about a month. The high quality performances of subway performers shocked me.
Wonpil: This is my first visit. I haven’t experienced any culture shocks yet.
Sungjin: I’ve visited here once before. More distinctive individualities and unreserved emotional expressions impressed me the most.
Dowoon: This is my first visit. I am curious about street scenes of the US.
3. Since you will be doing Fan Meetings during this US tour, what can we expect to experience at your shows?
Young K: You can expect full of vibrant energies on the stage. Excitement of audiences will stimulate us to go further.
Wonpil: Let’s keep it secret~! ^^
Jae: Expect to get down. You aren't coming to a fanmeeting your coming to a concert and you best be prepared to dance.
Sungjin: New songs coming up! Need your support!
Dowoon: The different mood from the previous album will make them jump up and down.
4. We have heard several of your cover songs of other artists, will you be doing any of those at the Fan Meetings? If so, can you tell us which ones or should we just wait and be surprised?
Young K: Come and see.
Wonpil: For surprise sake, let’s keep it secret. ^^
Jae: Covers are cool but we kinda figured people would like to hear our songs live yaknow? We don't come to the US often so we want to give our fans everything we can to make it up for it!
Sungjin: List of songs is confidential! What’s the fun in knowing all?
Dowoon: We want to introduce some new songs during this fan meeting.
5. We heard that you have a new album coming out soon. Can you share with us the concept?
Young K: You can see DAY6 deepened musically as well as humanly.
Wonpil: Compared to the first album, I think we’ve matured.
Jae: Concept? World domination. Hope it works out. Cross your fingers for us.
Sungjin: Secret! Prepare to be surprised.
Dowoon: The new album is somewhat dreamlike.
6. Will we be hearing songs on the new album written or produced by the members of DAY6? If so, what kind things gives you inspiration for the songs you write?
Young K: Usually inspired by experiences. But to some extent, stories of other people and indirect experiences also inspire me. Sometimes, inspiration comes while looking at art works or even the sky. Such unexpectedness makes me always open my mind.
Wonpil: Visualization in my mind guided me.
Jae: Everyday life really. Our songs are usually written in a day so whatever were feeling at the moment.
Sungjin: We always participate in songwriting and collaborate with songwriters. I write songs and lyrics, inspired by both direct and indirect experiences.
Dowoon: We share opinions and feelings with songwriters.
7. During the US Fan Meetings, will we have an opportunity to hear any of the music from your upcoming album?
Young K: There will be and good to be excited!
Wonpil: There will be a chance!^^
Jae: Possibly. If yall behave. <3
Sungjin: Almost certainly. See what happens~~~^^
Dowoon: We will let you have the opportunity!!
8. Finally, is there anything you would like to say to your US fans before meeting with them in April?
Young K: DAY6 is preparing and will do our best for a good show. You just wear comfort shoes and come and enjoy the show!
Wonpil: Thank you for your attention for DAY6. We will do our best to pay back with a good song.
Jae: Thanks for all the support guys. Especially with all the stuff thats happened it feels beyond good knowing you got friends that got your back. Ill make it up to you guys, promise! 😎
Sungjin: Hope to share a good energy each other. Look forward to it and see you at a concert!
Dowoon: Let’s dance! Thanks for your support!
Get your tickets now…...don’t be left out from this fun event with DAY6!!!